Building Partnerships in Procurement

November 17, 2015

One Day Conference  FAQs

General Information

• Where is the Forum?

What is the recommended attire?
How do I follow the Forum on Twitter

Registration and Payment Information

Why does the registration link take me to a Virginia Tech web page?

How do I register and pay by credit card?

How do I register and pay by check?

Can I pay for registration with a P-Card?

What is the refund and cancellation policy?
Where do I register when I get to the conference?

Dietary Information

What breaks/meals are included?

What if I have special dietary needs?

Hotel Information

• Is the hotel rate subject to change?

Do Forum hotels allow direct bill?
Does the hotel honor the state rate the weekend before the conference?

Recertification Information

How many VCA/VCO contact hours will I earn?

How do I track my attendance?

Will I receive an attendance certificate?

How do I obtain documentation for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours?

Where is the Forum?

What is the recommended attire?

Recommended Forum attire is business casual; comfortable shoes are suggested as you will be walking between session rooms. A sweater or jacket will come in handy because meeting rooms tend to be cool.

How do I follow the Forum on Twitter?

Visit https://twitter.com/DGSForum

Why does the registration link take me to a Virginia Tech web page?

Virginia Tech’s Office of Continuing and Professional Education serves as the conference registrar for the Forum. As such, they create and maintain the registration pages and forms; and process payments and refunds on behalf of the Department of General Services. They also send confirmation emails when registration is completed and provide support for the registration process. The Forum registrar at Virginia Tech is listed under the Contact Us link on every Forum web page.

How do I register and pay by credit card?

Register and pay for the Forum online using the following link: One Day Conference

Registration is not confirmed until payment is received.

Credit Cards: American Express, VISA and MasterCard payments are accepted online.

Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education will send email confirmation when card payment is processed. Print and save this email as your receipt.

How do I register and pay by check?

Print and complete the paper registration form at the following link: One Day Conference Paper Registration

Make check payable to:

Treasurer Virginia Tech – CE

Mail registration form and check to:

Conference Registrar

Outreach Program Services

810 University City Blvd., Suite D

Virginia Tech, Mail Code 0272

Blacksburg, VA 24061

Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education will send email confirmation when check is received and processed. Print and save this email as your receipt.

Can I pay for registration with a P-Card?

The Division of Purchases and Supply has been granted an exception by the Department of Accounts to accept the Small Purchase Charge Card to pay for training. With this exception, P-Cards can be used to pay for class registration, including the Forum.

"The purpose of the P-Card is to reduce administrative efforts and provide cost savings for the Commonwealth in general; therefore, given the description of the process and the effort (and money) that would be required for DPS/DGS to accept IATs given the volume of attendees, an exception is granted to the current SPCC Topic 20355, item IAT for State Classes & Services dated December 2004." Source: Department of Accounts

What is the refund and cancellation policy?

Requests for refunds will be honored when received by 5:00 pm on October 15. Although refunds will not be possible after 5:00 pm on October 15, another person may be substituted at any time for this program. A $25 administrative fee will be deducted for cancellations.

In the unlikely event that this program is canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, Virginia Tech, on behalf of the Department of General Services, will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organization.

Where do I register when I get to the conference?

The conference registration desk will be located inside the convention center on the main floor.

What breaks/meals are included?

* Continuous beverage service all day
* Breaks

* Lunch Tuesday

What if I have special dietary needs?

The Forum can provide vegetarian meals that generally accommodate common medically necessary dietary needs.  You should respond to the question accordingly when completing the registration form.  Personal dietary preferences cannot be accommodated as they vary too greatly for the catering staff to manage.  Check with the hotel where you are staying to confirm if they have a mini-fridge in the hotel room which can be used to meet personal dietary preferences.

Is the hotel rate subject to change?

The current state hotel per diem for Virginia Beach is $94. This rate will change if the state adopts revised Federal per diems in October. You can check the Department of Accounts website for updates to travel regulations at:

http://www.doa.virginia.gov/Admin_Services/CAPP/CAPP_Topics/20335.pdf

Do the Forum hotels allow direct bill?

No, in the conference industry, it is general practice for hotels to allow direct bill only to the organization that has a lodging contract, in this case DGS. Although your agency may use direct bill for lodging on other agency business, conference lodging is treated differently and you should not anticipate being able to secure individual direct bill arrangements with any of the Forum hotels.

How many contact hours will I earn?

You earn up to a maximum of 6 VCA/VCO contact hours for attending the One Day conference.  To receive full credit, register before the sessions begin on Tuesday at 8:30 am and attend all Forum events through their close at 4:45 pm.

How do I track my attendance?

Track all of your attendance hours on the tear-out recertification document included in the back of your Forum Guide. Pro-rated hours are awarded for partial Forum attendance. Attach the Recertification Document to your Recertification Application when submitting it to DPS/VIP for VCA or VCO recertification.

Recertification Documents for the Forum will not be available after the Forum.

Will I receive an attendance certificate?

No, attendance certificates are not provided for the Forum with the exception of CPE documentation. This step was taken to conserve paper and because it follows the practice of other certifying entities.

How do I obtain documentation for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours?

Track all of your attendance on the tear-out recertification document included in the back of your Forum Guide. Email the recertification document to vipregistration@dgs.virginia.gov to receive a CPE certificate.

Did not find the answer to your question?

Ask Our Forum Help Desk

Did not find the answer to your question?

The Virginia Beach Convention Center 1000 19th Street Virginia Beach, VA, 23451 - November 16-18